Anyone who owns a grey, cremello, palomino, or a pinto horse knows the struggles of keeping that pale coat clean and stain-free. It almost seems that these horses try to turn themselves into a muddy green mess on purpose. But don’t worry! For all you grey, white, or creme horse owners out there, there is a solution to keeping your horse’s coat, mane, and tail nice and bright.
Shampoo #5: UltraCruz Equine Bright White Shampoo
The UltraCruz Equine Bright White Shampoo is a shampoo that works to brighten the lighter tones in a horse’s coat. This shampoo has an excellent rating for a reason which is a large part of why I wanted to include it in this list.
The best qualities this shampoo has to offer include:
- It is proven to remove mud, urine, grass, and manure stains from coats
- It deep cleans the coat without removing and stripping the natural oils the coat carries
- It is proven to intensify all white, grey, and gold tones in the coat
- It was created by the Santa Cruz Animal Health group
- When using this product, the shampoo conditions and cleans the coat so a coat conditioner is not needed
- It works well using either hot or cold water
- It smells WONDERFUL
Many of the ingredients in this product are derived from coconut which not only makes the product a more natural choice but also makes this shampoo smells really good.
With high star reviews on Amazon and a great ingredient list, this shampoo is not only healthy for your horse’s skin and coat, but it will also bring back that bright sheen you want for your light-colored horse.
By clicking the link above, you can test out this shampoo on your horse today!
Shampoo #4: Easy-Out No Rinse Brigntening Shampoo
Personally, I don’t really like to use leave-in products on my horses, but if I were to, I would use Easy-Out. Easy-Out is a product that acts as a stain remover and coat whitener. It comes in a spray bottle and the way it works is to spray it directly on the stain, rub it in, and let it dry.
This shampoo has really great reviews for being a dry-shampoo cleaning tool. There are a lot of things that I like about this product, including:
- Residue free spray
- The fact that you can still keep your light colored horse clean without needing to bathe them in freezing winter months
- The clean smelling spray
- The fact that this product makes for easy spot cleaning
- Enhances the natrua coat colors
- Brings dirt to the surface
- It lathers well with just a few sprays
This shampoo is a great option f you need a quick clean-on-the-go product. I recommend this product for taking to horse shows so you can give your horse a last quick wipe down before your class.
Click the link above to buy your shampoo on the go!
Shampoo #3: Cowboy Magic Shine In Yellow Out Whitening Shampoo
Cowboy magic makes its own whitening shampoo for white, grey, and other light-colored horses. The reasons why I recommend this shampoo so much is for a few simple reasons:
- It is easy to find (this brand is at almost every tack and feed store)
- It is affordable and reasonably priced
- It smells AMAZING
- It is made in the United States of America
- It not only neutralizes yellow and green stains, but it also shines up the coat and helps to detangle manes and tails
- The ingredients are safe and are gentle enough for even human use
I have used the Cowboy Magic brand on all of my horses and always they are left looking and smelling amazing. If you are looking for an effective and affordable shampoo to bring out that bright whiteness in your horse’s coat, I recommend Cowboy Magic.
The reviews on this product are outstanding! Not only can it be used on horses, but people and dogs are able to use it too. One of the best things about this shampoo is the fact that it won’t stain your hands as other stronger products will. This shampoo also gets to a good lather quickly so lots of product isn’t necessary.
Based on my personal experience, you don’t even need to use a coat conditioner with this product because of how well it already cleans and conditions the coat.
By clicking the link above, you can purchase your Cowboy Magic shampoo today!
Shampoo #2: Farnam Vetrolin White N’ Bright
This brand is a very popular brand that I see all over the horse world. I use the liniment that the Farnam brand makes to cool off my lesson horses, and I use the supplements that they create to give my horses the vitamins they need. Because of my personal experience with the Farnam brand, I know and trust the quality of their products. This shampoo definitely will not disappoint.
The best qualities that this shampoo has to offer you include:
- It can be used on light and dark colored horses (whitens light coats, brings out lighter spots like dapples on dark coats)
- It comes concentrated so the bottle lasts FOREVER (one bottle is good for at least 16 washes!)
- It has a great clean smell
- Has ingredients derived from coconuts and coconut oil so the coat is left with a glossy sheen that can’t be beat
- Removes even the worst yellow and green stains
- It is made with dog safe ingredients!
- Good for spot cleaning and full body cleaning
- Made by a reputable brand
- Leaves the coat shiny and clean
- It is made in the United States
- The conditioning ingredients mean that you don’t need to double this shampoo up with a conditioner
Because this is a concentrated product, I would be careful about getting it on your hands and clothes as they could potentially be stained.
This shampoo definitely is something I would recommend using on any of your horses or even light-colored dogs to keep their coats bright, shiny, and clean.
Shampoo #1: Quic Silver Whitening & Color Intensifying Shampoo
Quic Silver is a whitening and color-intensifying shampoo that I have used on my horses for years. My first horse was a palomino so her coat would often get dirty. Because of this, I would use this Quic Silver shampoo to brighten all of those dark spots and bring out the gold in her coat and the white in her mane and tail. Even with my bay Arabians, I would use this shampoo to whiten their socks and bring out the bright orange-brass color in their coats.
Because of the great reviews, my personal experience using this shampoo, and the fact that this shampoo works so well, I recommend this shampoo to anyone who has a horse or even a dog that needs their coats to be lightened and brightened.
The qualities that this shampoo carries include:
- The fact that it is color safe for the horse’s coat (it won’t change the color of your horse’s coat, only enhance it)
- It makes the coat shiny and smoothe
- It is free from bleach or other harsh chemichals
- It is made in the United States
- Lower sudsing level
- Brings out silvery highlights in grey horses
- Its ingredients are safe to use on people, horses, and dogs!
- It is considered by many to be the best whitening shampoo for horses on the market
I recommend this shampoo because of how well it works and the high recommendations from so many different people. Not only do many people recommend this product, but the reviews are sky high!
Click the link above to purchase your Quic Silver today!